Maintaining a household is not easy. You face many difficult situations while managing all the fittings in the house. Sometimes, we find that there’s a flood situation inside our house, which can be caused due to many reasons including clogged sewer lines, leaking heater and many more, but mostly this situation occurs because of a broken water pipe. This leads to a huge damage to your property, but in this situation, there are a few steps that you should take care of, such as:
- The first and foremost thing that you should do is to disconnect all the electric connections at your place to prevent electrocution. Just turn off the main breaker, this will prevent you and your family from any type of electrocution.
- You also need to just shut off the main water valve, so that the flow of the water stops there and then and you would be able to manage the damage.
- Save the items that you can, though in most of the situation people do not get time to pick up and remove the things from the flood area, but you must save the things which are not soaked into the water yet.
- If you have homeowner’s insurance, then just call the company immediately and make the insurer inspect the situation so that you can claim your damage
- For your own safety, just take pictures of the damage yourself and document it, this will help you to make a claim in future if anything goes wrong from the insurer’s end
- One the water stops flowing, start removing the water if there is floor drainage out there, you can use a wiper or a mop and bucket to do the same.
- You can also take the help from some clean up specialist, as they have the prior experience and are expert at cleaning such water damaged properties, your work will be done quickly, there are many such Companies available online, all you need to do is, just book your slot.
- During your wait for the remediation cleanup experts, start the dehumidifier and let the humidity go out by opening the windows and doors of your place, in this way you can also dry your place.
- Once you’re done with managing the damage, focus on taking all the precautions that you can in order to prevent yourself from any such damage in future
In case the damage is huge, and you are not getting a claim out of it, then the better option is to sell your property just the way it is. There are many buyers who will happily buy your damaged property as-it-is and will provide you with a decent amount, so it is highly recommended to just sell your property and get a good amount out of it rather than wasting your time and investing more and more in the repair. So, in case of little damage, the above tips can help but do not hesitate to take a quick decision of selling, if the damage is huge, in any case.
Fast cash home buyers comes with exclusive deals when your home’s pipe burst and you experience water damage. Just give a call to executives at fast cash home buyers and get your worries resolved. We deal in water damaged houses and can make you an all cash offer and close as soon as the title company gives the OK.